MATA PELAJARAN : BAHASA INGGRIS
KELAS : IX ( Sembilan ) WAKTU : 07.30 – 09.30
- Tulislah nama, kelas, ruang dan nomor peserta Anda pada lembar jawaban yang disediakan.
- Dahulukan menjawab soal-soal yang Anda anggap mudah.
- Jumlah dan bentuk soal sebanyak 35 Pilihan Ganda. Dan 5 Essay
- Berikan tanda silang (X) pada lembar jawaban A,B,C atau D yang dianggap paling benar .
SOAL I ( PILIHAN GANDA )
Read the Text.
Dani is a general name for all the tribes of the Baliem Valley in Irian Jaya. The Origin of these people is not known. They all have dark brown skin , but each tribes language and customs are different. They used bird feathers, and special kind of wood for trading.
The Dani are farmers. They have been farmers for at least 5000 years. They are very skilled farmers. They raise pigs and grow sweet potato. They spend most of their time working in their fields. As a results , they are very phisically fit and strong .
Everybody who meets the Dani people say that they are fearless. They are afraid of nothing or Nobody. On the other hand, everybody says that they are very friendly people.
Answer no 1 ——— 6 based on the text.
1. Are the Dani people good farmers ?
2. Do Each tribes of Dani People have the same language and custom ?
3. What did they use for trading ?
4. Who says that the Dani people are fearless and very friendly ?
5. Where do the Dani People come from ?
6. Which sentence is TRUE according to the text ?
20-april-2010. 3.15 p.m.
Hello, Manda. We missed you today. No calls, no sms, no information at all. None of us could answer when the teacher called the roll and asked about you. What’s up, friend? Reply soon, please.
7. We can conclude from the above text that…..
8. The sms was sent in the…
Text for no 10-12
For all the class chairmen
We will have a meeting on Sunday at 10.00 am-12.00 am in Class 9A. We’d like to discuss our plan about class meeting next week.
Please, come on time !
10.The announcement above is about …
11.They will have a meeting ………
Thanks for your Card and Gift. It’s the nicest birthday gift.
Text for no 15 -16
For all students of class VII, the extracurricular activities (basketball and kempo) will start next month, September 2nd, 2011, on Friday ( basketball) and Saturday ( kempo )
At 4.00 pm.
Please contact Mr. Sarman (instructor): 08765476542 for enrollment.
15. The announcement is about…….
16. Which statement is true according to the text?
Text for no 17 – 19
Wanted for big restaurant.
Applicants must be friendly and able to speak English.
Age 16 – 20.
All applications must reach to our office no later than two weeks.
Apply in writing to: SEAFOOD RESTAURANT Jl. Gajah Mada 108, Yogyakarta
Yogya Post / 3rd March 2009
17. Which qualification must the applicant have?
18. The word “unnecessary” is similar in meaning to ….
19. How can we apply the job?
Text for no 20 – 24
Making Pisang Goreng is very easy. First you need some ripe bananas and frying oil. Then slice the banana into thin slices. If you like, you can sprinkle some sugar or some cheese on top, or roll the bananas in flour before you fry them. The next, fry them in very hot oil until they turn brown. Eat them while it is warm. Hem…it’s very delicious.
20.What materials do you need to make Fried Banana?
- The writer wrote the text to….
- Which statement is correct based on the text?
- The word “easy” has the opposite meaning to….., except(kecuali):
- The word “them” in line 3 refers to
Dinosaurs were a type of lizards. They lived from about 230 million to about 65 million years ago. In 1842, Sir Richard Owen created the word dinosaur. It came from Greek words deino.s, meaning “terrible” and sauros, meaning “lizard”. Dinosaurs lived on earth for about 140 million years.
During the dinosaurian era, the days were short. The sun was not as hot as it is today. On earth there was only one big continent and one big ocean. The name of the continent was pangea (all lands) and the name of the ocean was panthallassa (all seas).
There were many kinds of dinosaurs. Some of them were very big and some others were small. Some dinosaurs ate leaves and some others ate meat. Some dinosaurs could fly.
What happened to dinosaurs? Dinosaurs became extinct because there was a large comet hitting the earth. The comet caused fire and it killed the trees. Dinosaurs could not eat because there were no trees on earth and finally they died and became extinct.
- What were the days like during the dinosaurian era?
- What is the main idea of paragraph 3?
- The writer wrote the text …
Text for no 28 – 31
We request the pleasure of you for the 14th birthday celebration of my daughter, Riska at “Gajah Wong Resto” Saturday night on December 20th, 2008 at 19.00-22.00
Dress code: casual red. No slippers
28. “We request the pleasure of you” expresses…
29. The party will begin…
30. What kind of dress must the guest wear on?
31. How long will the event be held?
Text for no 32 – 33
- We will find such kind of instruction in the following places, except ….
33.The notice means….
Text for no 34 – 35
DON’T PICK OUT THE FLOWERS. KEEP THEM GROW WELL.
- Where do you usually find such a notice?
- It means…
short functional Text !
the Report text
certainty and uncertainty ( Hesitation )
Filed under: SOAL -SOAL ULANGAN