Text for no 1-2
FOOD STORAGE ONLY
NO CHEMICALS IN THIS UNIT
- It means…
- we can’t store anything in the unit but food
- food is not recommended to be stored in the unit
- all chemicals are recommended to be stored in the unit
- this unit is for not only food but also chemicals
- Where might you find such a notice? In the…..
- Laboratory B. dispensary C. drugstore D. hospital
Text for no 3-4
DON’T LEAVE YOUR VALUABLE UNATTENDED
- The notice above means…..
- We can not stay in that place C. We are not permitted to leave
- We should take our belongings away D. We must keep an eye on our stuffs
- The word “valuables” in the notice above means….
- important and useless things C. excellent quality
- worth a lot of money D. unworthy belongings
Text for no 5-6
I am very delighted to know that you have completely recovered from your long illness.
It is almost a second birth for you. I wish you have a long and happy life.
5. Why did Fia write the text?
A. to congratulate the better condition of someone
B. to show sympathy of someone’s illness
C. to wish someone’s sickness
D. to know about someone
6. The word “delighted” means….
A. glad B. sad C.upset D. disappointed
Text for no 7-8
April 20th 2009. 3.15 p.m.
Hello, Manda. We missed you today. No calls, no sms, no information at all. None of us could answer when the teacher called the roll and asked about you. What’s up, friend? Reply soon, please.
7. We can conclude from the above text that…..
A. Aida was absent this morning D. Manda was absent that day
B. Manda had a problem with the teacher.
C. Aida did not inform Manda why he is absent.
8. The sms was sent in the…
A. Night B. Morning C.Evening D. Afternoon
Text for no 9-10
|SWITCH OFF YOUR HAND PHONE PLEASE|
9. Where can we find such notice ?
A. in the mosque B.in the hotel C. In the restaurant D. in the plaza
10. What is the synonym of the word “ Hand phone “ ?
A. Flexi phone B. Plane Phone C. call phone D. Cellular phone
Text for no 11-13
The Indonesian Airway 132 to Singapore is departing at 8.00 am.
Qantas Airway 007 to Kuala Lumpur is departing at 9.30 am.
Any information to flight departures will be announced soon.
11. The information above is about….
A. The departures of the Airways The Indonesian Airway to Singapore
B. The changes of the departures The Qantas Airway to KL
12. The word “departure” in the text has opposite/ antonym meaning as……
A. leaving B. sending . C. arrival D. going
13. The information above is written for……………
A. the officers . B. the passengers C. the readers D. the pedestrians
Text for no 14-18
Tanjung Benoa beach is a beach town. It is located at the elite in Nusa Dua Bali. In the north there are Benoa harbour, Martha Sari recreation park and Sarangan Island. The foreigners call it turtle island, because this island is used to breed turtles. At tanjun Benoa Beach, tourist can have various activities, such as swimming, sailing, water skiing and surfing. Skiing is the sport of riding waves that are coming towards the shore by standing or lying on a special board (surfboard). It is very enjoyable and impressive.
A part from swimming around the beach, snorkeling and diving are also water sport favored by the tourist. Through diving goggles the beauty of the Bali marine park can be viewed. Those who can not dive but still like to have a glance at the beauty of this marine park, can see through glass bottomed motorboats that are specially available for tourist.
14. Which is described in the text?
A. Beach B. Bali C. Harbour D. Tanjung Benoa beach
15. From the second paragraph we know that glass bottomed motorboats are used to enjoy….
A. the water sport B . the scenery of white sand.
C. the beauty of marine park D. the diving goggles
16. Why do the foreigners call it the turtle island?
A. The island is full of breeding animals C. Turtles can live in this island
B. The island is place to buy turtles D. This island is used to breed turtles
17. “Through diving goggles the beauty of Bali marine park can be viewed”
The underlined word has similar meaning to…
A. Met B. found c. got D. seen
18. “It is very enjoyable and impressive”
The bold type refers to…..
A. Skiing B. the sport C. the shore D. special board
Text for no 19-21
How to make Hot cocoa
For each cup:
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 3/4 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup of milk
- Marsmallow or cinnamon if you wish.
Steps to do :
- To make one cup of cocoa, put the cocoa, sugar and water into a cup. Stir until it is mixed together.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and place it over low heat.
- Heat the milk until tiny bubbles form around the edges, but do not let it boil.
- Pour the hot milk into the cup with the cocoa mixture in it. Stir until all is completely mixed together.
- To make a foamy drink, drop a marshmallow into the cocoa or sprinkle cinnamon on top to give it special taste.
19. To make a cup of hot cocoa, we need ……….. tablespoons of sugar.
A. half. B. four C. three forth D.three
20. Why do people give cinnamon on the hot cocoa?
A. To avoid it from being sour C. To make it a special taste
B. To form it a different look D. To give it much tastier
21. “Heat the milk until tiny bubbles ….”
What does the word “tiny” mean?
A. Extremely small B. Really white C. Fairly round D. Rather big
Text for no 22-25
The Wolf and the Lamb
A wolf spied a lamb who was drinking out of a stream, and began to look for an excuse to attack it and eat it.
“You are making my part of the stream dirty,” accused the wolf.
“How can that be?” said the lamb. “You are further upstream than me, and the water flows down, not up.”
“Aren’t you the lamb who insulted my father last year?” asked the wolf. Wasn’t even born last year,” replied the lamb.
“Enough of all this talk,” snarled the wolf.” I am not going to miss a chance of eating you just because you are good at excuses.”
22. Why did the wolf accuse the lamb of doing bad things?
A. To bring him to court C. To ask for its permission
B. To make sure of its fault D. To give a reason to eat it
23 “… began to look for an excuse to attack it …” What does “it” refer to?
A. The stream C. The drink
B. The water D. The lamb
24. What can you learn from the story ?
A. The strong often use their strength to bully the weak
B. The weak persons are always better than the strong ones
C. We have to appreciate all the strong men on earth
D. It’s nice to be strong because we can do anything we like
25. What was the lamb like according to the story?
A. Strong B. Stupid C. Weak D. Clever
Text for no 26-29
“MAWAR” SPLASH COLONGE
Long lasting body fragrance to give freshness on the body. Make your skin feel soft and smooth.
– Red Rose parfume, give long lasting fragrance from red rose.
– Almond protein extract, helps the moisture and soothing the skin.
– Cooling agent, leaves your body fresh and cool.
Direction to use:
Splash the colonge all over the body after having shower or when necessary.
26. What is the text about?
A. Red Rose Flower C. Body parfume
B. Liquid Soap. D. Body lotion
27. Which statement is true according to the text?
A. Almond protein makes long lasting fragrance
B. Cooling agent leaves the body very cold
C. We use the product by splashing it all over the body
D. It is a kind of syrup.
28. The word “splash” means….
A. draw out B. draw in C. take liquid out D. take liquid fly
Text for no 29-33
One of the tallest and interesting animals in the zoo is the giraffe. The giraffe has big brown eyes which are protected by very thick lashes. The lashes are an important source of protection. They can also cover the giraffe’s nostrils in order to protect its nose. It has brown spots on the skin and this coloring helps protect the giraffe. The giraffe also has two short horns on its head.
Like the camel, the giraffe can go for along time without drinking water. The sources of water are the leaves which they eat from trees. Since they are so tall, the giraffes can reach to tender leaves at the top of the trees.
The giraffe lives in a small herd and often feed with other animals. A baby giraffe, is two meters at birth. It can stand up by itself within a few minutes after birth and can run well in about two days.
The giraffe has two methods of self protection. If something frightens an adult giraffe, it can gallop away at about fifty kilometers per hour or stay to fight with its strong legs.
29. What does the text tell us about?
A. the tallest animals C. Animals in the zoo
B. The most interesting animals D. Giraffe
30. “They can also cover the giraffe’s nostrils (par. 2)
The word “They” refers to…..
A. The giraffe C. Big brown eyes
B. The Lashes D. Source of protection
31. What is the similarity between giraffe and camel?
A. Going for along time with no drinking water.
B. Going for along time by drinking water
C. Drinking water with camel.
D. Eating the tender leaves at top of a tree.
32. “Since they are so tall….(par 2).
The underlined word has similar meaning to…..
A. Although B. Because C. When D. Therefore
33. How does an adult giraffe protect itself if something frightens it?
A. by frightening it . C. by staying in a small herd
B. by running very fast D. by standing up within a few minutes.
Text for no 34-35
The Perfect Club
Full club facilities
Golf special $10 unlimited golf After 3.00 pm
-Free entrance for guests
-Free soft drinks for club members
-Complimentary souvenirs for
Visitors and Golfers always welcome.
Waterfall Way – Bellingen
Phone 6655 1312 ‘
Information for members and their guests.
34. How much should the golfers pay when they play golf from 15.00 -17.00?
A. Fixed $10. C. Less than $10.
B. Exactly $20. D. Free of charge.
35. What is being advertised?
A. Golf field C. Golf equipments
B. Golf Club D. Golf facilities
Text for no 36-38
36. The text above is written for …
A. telling about the vacancy
B. describing a certain job vacancy
C. informing about a sales people
D. advertising a vacancy as a salesperson
37. How much does the sales person can reach the money in a month based on the text?
A. a hundred dollars
B. a thousand dollars
C. four hundred dollars
D. four thousand dollars
38. The statements below are wrong, except……..
A. The applicant must be an experienced worker
B. We must not send the application letter
C. The sales person can not work at home
D. We have to send the CV to Mrs. S Spencer.
Text for no 39-41
Last month I spent my holiday with my friends. We did camping in Rumakai in Seram island, Maluku Province. We went there by speed boat. We brought food, clothes, and other daily needs. We did a lot of activities, like going to waterfall, fishing, hiking and looking at the beautiful panorama especially in the morning. When the night came, we set a fire and sat around it, and sang together until late at night. After that we came into the tent and fell asleep. We were not afraid because the place was near the settlement. Two days went by so fast. We got very tired, but we were happy. It was a nice holiday. We decided to come back to Kumakai next holiday.
39. What did the writer and his friends do at night?
A. Going to waterfall C. Sitting around the fire
B. Fishing on the lake D. looking at beautiful panorama
40. Why did the writer and his friends get very tired?
A. They hiked the mountain. B. They had a lot of activities
C.They brought many things. D. They sat around the fire.
41. “We were not afraid because . …….” What does the underlined word mean?
A. Upset C. Fearful
B. Lonely D. Disappointed
Text for no 42-43
JI. Kaliurang 17
December 2nd, 2009
I’m sorry I cannot welcome the New Year with you in your town. Actually I want to go to your town as soon as possible. However, my father won’t let me go to your house alone. He asks my mother accompany me so I have to wait for my mother’s holiday.
We will go on Tuesday evening, January 1st by train. We will arrive at your town the next morning at about 8 am. I hope that you can pick us up at the railway station.
That’s all. I hope we will spend our holidays happily. Give my best regards to uncle, aunt and Citra.
42. Why will Dita go to Aryanti’s town?
A. to welcome the New Year
B. to accompany her mother
C. to wait for her mother’s holiday
D. to spend her holidays
43. When will they arrive at Aryanti’s town?
A. December 28 C. January 1st
B. December 29 D. January 2nd
Text for no 44 – 46
The honey bee is an insect. This insect lives in all part of Australia. These bees (44)…… nectar for honey. They dance on the honeycomb to show the other bees where the best flower for nectar is. Most people ………(45) the honey that the bees produce so (46) .. to make them healthy.
44. A. collect B. find C. eat D.go
45. A. like B. hate C.see D.do
46. A. hard B. much C. quick D.far
47. feel – for – help – grateful – we – your
1 2 3 4 5 6
A. 5-1-4-2-6-3 C. 2-6-3-4-5-1
B. 5-1-4-2-3-6 D. 2-6-3-5-4-1
48. are – you – to – invited – the grand opening – attend – of – our – branch office – new
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1. Hallucinogens change mood, thought and senses
2. Depressants slow down the central nervous system
3. Examples are caffeine, nicotine, amphetamine, ecstasy, and cocaine.
4. Drugs are chemical substances
5. There are three different types of drugs; stimulants, depressants and hallucinogens
6. They decrease heart and breathing rates.
7. They increase heart rate blood pressure and breathing
8. Stimulants speed up central nervous system.
The best arrangement is…
A. 4-5-8-6-3-2-7-1 C.4-5-8-7-3-6-2-1
B. 4-5-8-7-6-3-2-1 D. 4-5-8-7-3-2-6-1
1. Baby Bear cried out “someone was sleeping in my bed and here she is”
2. When they went upstairs, they found out that Goldilocks was sleeping.
3. Once there were three bears that lived in a house located in the wood; a papa bear,
mama bear, and a baby bear.
4. She jumped out of bed and ran of the house to go to her home
5. They decided to take a walk before breakfast to let their porridge cool
6. Goldilocks woke up when she saw the three bears.
The best arrangement is…
A. 1-6-3-5-2-4 3-5-2-1-6-4
B. 3-1-4-5-2-6 6-5-3-2-1-
Blog : Islam dan Bahasa Inggris.
Filed under: SOAL -SOAL ULANGAN