(SKL no 4)
- I. RINGKASAN MATERI
Invitation merupakan teks fungsional yang merupakan SKL UN no. 4.
Invitation adalah text yang berupa ajakan atau undangan, sehingga semua text yang didalamnya terdapat ungkapan ajakan dapat disebut “invitation”.
Invitation dapat muncul dalam teks “announcement”, “short message’, “letters’, dsb.
Ungkapan-ungakapan ajakan tersebut adalah:
- a. I invite you to come………
Contoh: I invite you to come to my birthday party, this afternoon ( 2.00 pm) in my house, jl. Pemuda no.67 Klaten.
b. Come to ………..
Contoh: Come to the class-meeting on Friday, November 23th 2007 in our
school at 4.00 pm. Come on time!
c. I would like to invite you….
Contoh: I would like to invite you to participate in the English contest that will be held next Monday, November, 26th 2007 in SMP 1 Surakarta.
d. I thank /hope for coming…..
Contoh: I hope for coming in the next study club of class IX that will be
held every Sunday in our school, at 9.00 am-12.00 a.m. Thank you.
e. I hope you could come to….
Contoh: I hope you could come to the meeting in order to prepare our schools’s program, today, in the OSIS room.
f. I’ll wait you to come….
Contoh: I’ll you to come to see the biggest music show in JEC, on Sunday, December 25th 2007, 9.00 am – 2.00 p.m.
g. Would you please come to…
Contoh: Would you please come to the configuration of the students of our school tonight.
h. I’ll be glad if you could come to….
Contoh: I’ll be glad if you could come to my house to have dinner together with my family tonight.
i. Would you please come to….
Contoh: Would you please come to school to support Our basketball team
j. Do you fancy coming to……
Contoh: Do you fancy coming to my engagement party at July 13th 2010 at
Undangan/Ajakan memerlukan jawaban/balasan, baik menerima ajakan atau
Berikut ini adalah ungkapan menerima dan menolak ajakan;
- A. Ungkapan untuk menerima ajakan atau undangan ( accepting invitation ).
a. Yes, Iam very glad to receive your invitation.
b. Ok. I will come to your party.
c. Your invitation is very interesting. I like it.
d. That’s good idea to go there. I agree with you.
e. I hope I could come there.
f. It’s fantastic. Good idea!
- B. Ungkapan untuk menolak ajakan ( refusing/ ignoring/ rejecting/ declining) invitation.
a. I’ve received your letter, but I am sorry I can’t.
b. It’s good idea, but I can’t go there. I am very busy.
c. What a pity. I have a lot of works, so I can’t receive your nice invitation.
d. It’s very sorry that I can’t go to your party.
e. Well, your invitation to go to Mount Bromo in very nice, but It’s too cold for me.
I can’t stand it.
f. I am not sure I can go there. Maybe next time.
g. I disagree with your idea to go to the beach. Any other idea?
h. I am afraid I can’t. Your hose is too far, so I can’t go there alone at night.
i. Oh, I’ll go to somewhere else by the time you will be having a party.
j. I don’t think I can. No one can fetch me to go there. I don’t know the place.
Soal yang biasanya muncul dalam invitation/undangan/ajakan.
- A. Function/purpose: Fungsi/tujuan text.
– What is the function of the text?
– The text has the function to…..
– The purpose of writing the text is…..
– The writer wrote the text to…..
Function/Purpose of Invitation;
- To invite someone to come to .: Untuk mengundang seseorang supaya datang ke….
- To ask someone to attend … : Untuk meminta seseorang untuk menghadiri……
- To invite people to join ….. : Untuk mengundang orang mengikuti……
- To ask people to take part : Untuk mengajak orang mengikuti….
- B. Inviter and Invitee : Pengundang dan yang diundang.
Perhatikan pertanyaan berikut. Bedakan dan amati pertanyaan yang digaris bawah.
– Who invited the party? (Siapa yang mengundand ke pesta?)
– Who is the inviter?
– Who are invited to the party? (Siapa yang diundang ke pesta?)
– Who is the invitee?
Pahamilah pertanyaan tersebut, lalu amati siapa pengundang dan siapa yang diundang dalam undangan tersebut. Dengan memahami soal dengan benar, maka kalian bias menjawab dengan tepat.
- C. What kind of invitation: Undangan untuk peristiwa apa.
– The invitation is about…….
– What is the kind of the invitation?
– The text is to invite someone to come to………
Kinds of Invitation:
– Seminar Invitation
– Retirement ( pensiun/purna tugas)
– Doing assignment
- D. When and How long : Kapan dan Berapa lama acara tersebut?
– When does the party begin/stop? (kapan pesta mulai/berakhir?)
– When will the party be held? ( kapan pesta akan diadakan?)
– How long does the party happen? ( berapa lama pesta berlangsung?)
Perhatikan Pertanyaan “When:kapan dan How long: berapa lama”
When menanyakan kapan peristiwa tersebut berlangsung/mulai/berakhir. Jawabannya dapat berupa :Tahun, Bulan, minggu, hari atau jam.
Sedangkan “how long” menanyakan rentang waktu berapa lama peristiwa tersebut berlangsung. Sehingga jawabannya adalah: Two hours, sixty minutes, two days, three months, etc.
When will the meeting be held?
– The meeting will be held on Sunday, July 12nd 2009.
How long does the meeting take place?
– The meeting takes place for Five days.
Pahami juga kosa kata yang berhubungan dengan waktu:
– Am (Anti Meredium) dimulai setelah jam 12 malam – 12 siang
(12.01 malam – 12.00 siang)
– Pm ( post Meredium) dimulai setelah jam 12 siang – 12 malam
(12.01 siang – 12 malam)
– Morning : pagi ( sampai jam 12 am)
– Noon/Midday : siang/tengah hari ( -+12.am-1pm)
– Afternoon : sore ( 12.01 pm-about 6 pm)
– Evening : petang/malam ( After 6.pm – times to go bed/
tiba waktu tidur)
– Night : malam ( Ketika tiba waktu tidur)
– Midnight : Tengah malam ( about 12.00 pm-01 am)
- E. Where : Dimana peristiwa itu berlangsung.
– Where does the party happen?
– Where is the venue (tempat peristiwa) of the party?
– The event is held in…….
– inviter : pengundang
– invitee : yang diundang
– venue : tempat peristiwa
– cordially/warmly : dengan hangat
– In the gutter? : mau menghubungi?
– RSVP : supaya menghubungi (Reply Soon Via Phone)
– Enquiry : silakan menghubungi
– on time: punctually : tepat waktu
– occasion: event : peristiwa
– held/took place/happen : berlangsung/terjadi
– join/take part/participate : ikut serta
– free time/leisure time : waktu luang
– Host : tuan rumah
– guest : tamu
– Regrets only : jika tidak bisa hadir
– confirm : memberi kabar
– come to/arrive/attend : datang ke../tiba/menghadiri
– depart/leave for/go : berangkat/menuju ke../pergi
- II. CONTOH SOAL YANG MUNCUL DALAM MATERI UN
Occasion: Kim’s Birthday
Date : March 13
Time : 6:30 p.m.
Place : 44 Devoe Road
Directions: Take the no.5 bus. Get off at the comer of Devoe Road. Our house is at the second house on the right. Please arrive on time. This is a surprise party.
Regrets only: Marie Salinger 238-1722 or e-mail Maries(a),dr.com
1. When will the party be held?
A. At 44 Devoe Road
B. On March 13
C. At 6:30 A.M.
D. At the second house
2. Regrets only: Marie Salinger 238-1722 or e-mail.
The words above tell us that we should …
A. give information if we cannot come
B. give information if we can come
C. ask information how to come to the place
D. contact Marie Salinger before we come
(UNAS 2006/2007 PAKET 15 soal no 47,48)
To: Vita Maharani
I would be glad if YOU come to my 15″‘ birthday party.
Day/date: Sunday/July, 29-2008
Time: 7 p.m.
Place: J1. Gatot Subroto No. 365 Sungailiat
3. How old will Tika be 2016?
A. 21 C. 23
B. 22 D. 24
4. When will the party be held?
A. In the evening C. In the afternoon
B. In the morning D. At midnight
(UNAS 2007/2008 PAKET 15 soal no 2,3)
5. What’s the announcement about?
A. The opening of a university
B. The opinion of our nation
C. The invitation for a seminar
D. The distinction for special speaker
6. How long did the seminar last each day?
A. 2 hours C. 6 hours
B. 4 hours D. 8 hours
(UNAS 2007/2008 PAKET 15 soal no 5,6)
7. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To inform people
B. To remind somebody
C. To invite someone
D. To ask for confirmation
8. Which statement is NOT TRUE based on the text?
A. Eliza Keith Brown was born in 1998
B. The birthday party will be held in the evening
C. Eliza Keith Brown will be ten years old in 2008
D. The invitees should inform Jeannie about their coming
(UNAS 2007/2008 PAKET 15 soal no 30.31)
Let’s have fun at my 10th birthday party. Please come to my house on Sunday, June 7″‘, 2009. The party starts at 3 p.m. and at 5 p.m. it’s all over.
I won’t be happy without your coming.
9. The party will finish at … p.m.
10. The writer writes the text above to….
A. show her happiness for Nada’s plan
B. invite her friend to her birthday party
C. give an information about her birthday
D. confirm her birthday to her friend
(UNAS 2008/2009 PAKET 15 soal no. 28,29)
11. Where will the meeting be held?
A. At Ratih’s house
B. At Diana’s office
C. At I3urhan’s room
D. At School
12. Which statement is CORRECT according to the text?
A. Raiih is not a student of SMP Negeri 2 Palembang
B. Burhan and Diana ask Ratih to write articles for school magazine
C. The students organization of SNIP Negeri 2 will have a meeting
D. P.atih is the treasurer of the student’s organization
(UNAS 2006/2007 PAKET 48 soal no 47-48)
- III. EVALUASI
A. PAKET 1
Text for no 1-3.
|To: My friend Lala
Come to my Birthday Party, Sunday, JUNE 12th ‘09
At four pm, in my house Jl. Mawar 5 Yk.
- Who is invited to the birthday party?
A. my friend, lala
B. Fera’s friend
D. Lala’s friend
- When will the party be held?
A. in the evening
B. Sunday, June twelfth 2009
C. in the morning
D. Sunday, June 12th 2008
- The similar meaning of the word Party is….
Text for no 4-8
|My beloved friend Hanny
I’ll be very pleased
if you could attend
my special day
January 30th 1996
January 30th 2010
My 14th Birthday Party
Sunday, January 30th 2010
At 2 pm ( Don’t be late)
In Rapih Villa Kaliurang
Thanks for your time
Yours , Fifi
- From the text we can conclude that…
- The guests are suggested to come late
- The guests are forbidden not to come late
- The guests are recommended to come punctually
- The guests are asked not to come on time.
- The statements below are un-true, except….
- The inviter of the text is you
- The invitee of the letter is my beloved friend Hanny
- The party will be held in the afternoon
- Fifi is thirty years old.
- January 30th 1996 is the day of…
- Fifi’s party on her bitrhday
- Fifi’s born
- Hanny’s birthday
- Hanny’s party
- The word special means….
- The word your in “thank you for your time’ refers to….
Text for no 9-11
To: The staff of the company
We hope you to attend the ordinary general meeting of Zurich financial servising,
Date : Tuesday April 23rd 2009. 10 pm.
Location : Stadium Schuelweg .CH 8302.Switzerland
Agenda : – Launching new products
– Annually reports
– Preparing workshop event
Please come earlier and leave a note if you can’t attend the meeting.
- The purpose of the text is ..
A. to attend the ordinary general meeting
B. to invite the staff to launch new product
C. to invite someone to come to the meeting
D. to invite someone to prepare workshop event
- If the staff can’t attend the meeting, he/she has to…..
A. call the secretary
B. write a message
C. phone Robby
D. leave a notebook
- 10 pm means……
- ten in the morning
- ten in the afternoon
- ten in the evening
- ten in the mid-night
Text 4 for no 12-13
How about going to the canteen after class? I’ll wait for
you in my class.
- The best expression to refuse invitation of above text is….
- Thanks for your invitation. I like it.
- Thank you. I am afraid I can’t come.
- Sorry. I am sure I‘ll come.
- I’d love to. But I have to accompany my mother to the party.
- Based on the text, Joddy and Minna are…
Text for no 14-15
Hera, I’ve read your letter. It’s very interesting to go to the movie. But I am very sorry. I can’t go with you. I have to prepare my exam tomorrow. Henny.
- From the text we know that Henny…
- Accepts the invitation
- Ignores the invitation
C. agrees with the invitation
D. will come to the movie
- The opposite meaning of interesting is…..
Text for no 16-17
I’m going to celebrate my success in the examination.
Please come to Pizza Hut restaurant at Golden Mall
on Saturday June 21st
We will share the happy time with my family.
I’m looking forward to seeing you.
16. The purpose of the text above is to …
A. persuade the reader
B. give information
C. advise the reader
D. invite someone
17. Which of the following statements is not true about the text ?…
A. Ika likes Pizza Hut
B. The party will be held at the restaurant
C. The sender will have a party with her relatives
D. The relationship between the sender and the receiver is siblings
Text for no 18-19
With pride and joy
We invite you to share
A special day in our lives as
Celebrates his retirement
Friday, august 12th 2008
500 South Federal Highway
Deerfield Beach, Florida
18. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To ask people not to share the special day.
B. To invite someone to attend a celebration.
C. To respect David for his successful career.
D. To show sympathy to David for his retirement.
19. The text shows that David Pilibosian is a(n) … man.
Text for no 20-22
All students of grade IX are invited to participate in the school program of “Try Out of UAN” that will be held on Sunday, 21st 2008, in SMP 5 Yk, Kotabaru . Thanks for your time.
20. Who are invited to the program?
B. Students of class eight
C. All students in the school
D. Students in SMP 5
21. The function of the text is….
- To invite someone to participate the UAN examination
- To invite someone to the join the class meeting
- To invite someone to come to the “try out” program
- To invite someone to become students of SMP 5
22. Participate means…..
A. Take part
Text for no 23-25
|The New Year Eve 2007!
for a Party and Champagne Buffet
|Paul and Linda|
23. The word “us” refers to….
- the reader
- the invitees
- the inviters
- the addressees
24. The statements below are correct, except…
A. The party will be held on December 31st
B. The party will be held in Paul and Linda’s house
C. The party will be held at 9 am
D. The party will be held in New Jersey
25. When did the most possible time for writer to write the invitation?
A. On December thirty first 2006
B. On December thirty first 2007
C. On December thirty first 2008
D. On December thirty first 2009
B. PAKET 2
Text for no 1-5
|Mr. and Mrs. Thornton are proud to announce
the Graduation of Stephanie
Class of 2004
They invite you
to share in their happiness
of Performing Arts
1. Who is Stephanie?
A. Mr. and Mrs. Thornton’s son
B. Mr. and Mrs. Thornton’s friend
C. Mr. and Mrs. Thornton’s daughter
D. Mr. and Mrs. Thornton’s student
2. Based on the text we know that Stephanie will have a party to celebrate…
A .Birthday party
B. finishing study
C. Getting new job
D. reunion party
3. The word “their” refers to………
A. Stephanie and her parents
B. Students in Stephanie’s class
C. Mr. and Mrs. Thornton
D. Yale University
4. How long will the party be held?
A. On May 5th
B. at 3 o’clock
C. Three hours
D. at 1-4 p.m.
5. Where will the party be held?
A. At Stephanie’s home
B. Bay Pine Center
C. In the University
D. In Stephanie’s class
Text for no 6-8
Mr & Mrs. Andrew White
Carine & Marry Anne
To celebrate engagement
of their daughter
On Saturday, 22nd Dec 2007
At 7 pm
At Golden Gardens 10
River Road Shell Bay
6. Read the invitation above carefully.
Which of the following statement is NOT TRUE according to the text?
- The invitation is specially addressed to Carine & MarryAnn
- That is such a nice wedding invitation
- David is going to be engaged to Mr. White’s daughter
- Golden Garden 10 River Road Shell Bay is the venue
7. The inviter of the invitation is…
A. Carine’s parents
B. Marry Anne’s parents
C. Julie White Parents
D. David Foster’s parents
8. The purpose of the text is…
A. to announce the engagement of Julie White and David Foster
B. to invite some one to attend the party
C. to advertise the party
D. to give detailed information about Carine and Marry Anne
Text for no 9-13
YOU WORK, YOU PLAY AND THEN
ONE DAY… LOVE JUST HAPPENS!
Invite you to share in their joy
As they exchange marriage vows
On Sunday, Feb 15th 2010
At 8 p.m, at their house
Jl Kenari Timur 53 Bogor
Reception immediately to follow
RSVP to Fanesa (081223423564) or Diana (08122356765)
9. The text shows us that the reception will be held…..
A. one day after the marriage vows is stated
B. two hours before the ceremonial begins
C. soon after the marriage vows finish
D. while the ceremony is in progress
10. When will the party be held?
A. In the morning
B. In the afternoon
C. In the evening
D. At Midnight
11. RSVP means….
A. We have to reserve seat for the party
B. We have to confirm our attendance
C. We can attend without informing
D. We have to come on time.
12. The word “their” in the text refers to…..
C. A couple
D. Fanesa and Diana
13. The text above is the invitation for………
Text for no 14-17
Friendships are one of
The few things
14. The invitation above is about…….
A. the of 15th birthday party
B. the seventeenth birthday party
C. the celebration of 17th wedding anniversary
D. the meeting of the family
15. Who invited the party?
A. Hempstead’s family
B. Nate’s family and friends
C. Hempstead’s friends
D. Nate Hempstead
16. When will the party be held? It will be held …
A. on May 15th at 6.30 am
B. in the evening on May
C. on May fifth at 6-30 pm
D. on May in the afternoon
17. The word “you” in the text refers to…
Text for no 18-21
Please join me
a very happy birthday to my Sister
On November 21st 2007
at 2 o’clock
88 7th Ave Tarpon, NJ
18 The purpose of the text is…..
A. to join the birthday party
B. to come to a happy time
C. to ask people to attend the event
D. to ask people to invite someone
19. The word ”my sister” in the text refers to….
C. invitee’s sister
D. inviter’s sister
20. The similar meaning of the word “join” is….
A. take place
B. take part
C. take a party
D. take a rest
21. The venue of the party is…
A. November 21st 2007
B. at two o’clock
C. Chuckee Cheese
D. my home.
Text 6 for no 22-25
We would be pleased
to have you join us
the ninth of April
in the afternoon
22. What is the function of the text?
A. to announce our engagement
B. to inform our party
C. to invite someone to a special event
D. to ask someone to be pleased in the party
23. “Engagement: is the event usually held …..the marriage.
24. The party will be held….
A. at 1.00 pm
B. at one am
C. at 13.00 am
D. at 13.00 pm
25. The word ”party” has the similar meaning as…..
C. PAKET 3
Text for no 1-2
Dear Rina, I want you to come to my house for lunch on Sunday at 12 A.M. for a house warming party.
1. When does Susi expect Rina to come?
A. In the morning.
B. In the afternoon.
C. In the evening.
D. At night.
2. Why does Susi have a house warming party?
A. Because her house is warm.
B Because she has lunch.
C. Because she just moved.
D. Because she will move.
Text for no 3-5
3. Which one is NOT included in the ticket price?
A. Soft drink.
B. Main course.
4. We should … Fahmida to get more information.
C. come to
D. explain to
5. Who can join the party?
A. Children and parents.
B. Children and teens.
C. Teenagers and parents.
D. Teens and grown-ups.
Text for no 6-10
Jari Alam Saputra Taxi Service
Warmly invited you to do the 10th Annual Employees Appreciation Picnic.
The whole family is welcome 08.00 AM to 05.00 PM Thursday, March 13
Kyai Langgeng Park & Resort
6. Who is the inviter?
A. The company
B. Taxi driver
7. The word “warmly” has the same meaning as….
B. not very hot
8. From the text we know that the picnic is always held…..
B. every week
C. every month
D. every year
9. How long will the event be held?
A. 5 hours
B. 8 hours
C. 9 hours
D. 10 hours
10. Which statement is true based on the text?
A. It’s the first event of the Annual Employees Appreciation Picnic.
B. The invitation is for all families in the city
C. The invitees are the employees of the company of Jari Alam Taxi
D. The picnic ends in the evening
Text for no 11-13
Praying together for peace, justice and reconciliation for all city citizens.
Come and join us on Sunday, December 25th 2009 at 6.00 am
at the “CITY CHURCH”
11. Who wrote the invitation?
A. The City Church
B. The City visitors
C. The City citizen
D. The committee
12. The event will be held …
A. in the evening
B. every Sundays
C. on twenty fifth December
D. on five December
13. The word “join” has the same meaning as…..
A. take place
C. take part
Text for no 14-18
We request the pleasure of you for the 14th birthday celebration of my daughter, Riska at “Gajah Wong Resto” Saturday night on December 20th, 2008 at 19.00-22.00
Dress code: casual red. No slippers
14. “We request the pleasure of you” expresses…
D. asking help
15. Based on the text, the party will be held……..
A. on the weekend
B. every Saturday
C. every night
D. on the weekdays
16. The party will begin…
A. at 7 am
B. at 7 pm
C. at 10 am
D. at 10 pm
17. What kind of dress must the guest wear on?
A. Casual red with slippers
B. Casual red with shoes
C. Casual red without shoes
D. Casual black with no slippers.
18. How long will the event be held?
A. Three o’clock.
B. Three times
C. Three hours
D. Three minutes
Text for no 19-21
Will you come to my house this afternoon? Mifta and Dani, my cousins, are here.
I think you will enjoy meeting them.
19. From the text we know that Sarah may go to …. in the afternoon.
A. Mifta’s house
B. Dani’s house
C. Candra’s house
D. her ousin’s house
20. The word “them” refers to…..
A. Sarah and Dani
B. My cousins
C. Mifta and Dani
D. reader and writer
21. “Cousin” means…..
A. uncle’s or aunt’s son
B. uncle’s or aunt’s brother
C. uncle’s or aunt’s daughter
D. uncle’s or aunt’s sister
Text for no 22-25
YOU’RE INVITED TO CAHYO’S BIRTHDAY
Date: Jan 14th
Time: 6.30 p.m
Place: 44 Pasarean Road
Direction: Take the no. 9 bus to the corner of Pasarean and Mataram street. We’re the second house on the right. Please arrive on time. This is a surprise party.
Please confirm: Rahma Saroso (021) 4325687 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
22. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To contact Rahma Saroso
B. To invite someone to birth party
C. To give a special birth party
D. To show the way how to get to Cahyo’s house
23. The birthday party will be held in a ….
D. Corner of a street
24. To get more information you can call….
B. Rahma Saroso
C. Pasarean street
D. The no. 9 bus
25. How can we contact Mr Saroso?
A. Only by phone
B. Just by e-mail
C. Both by phone or by mail
D. By phone or on line
D. PAKET 4
Text for no 1-4
To : Derinda
From : Imelda
Date : 15th December 2006
Derin, don’t forget to come to my house at 03.00 p.m. Remember we have an appointment to study together. Tell Kevin and Albert. I am afraid they forget it. Thanks
1. What is the purpose of Imelda’s memo? To…….her friend.
2. The writer wants Derinda to…..
A. come to my house to study together
B. have an appointment with her friends
C. attend the event and to tell Kevin and Albert.
D. forget the appointment to study together.
3. How many persons are there in the discussion?
4. The word “it” refers to….
A. the house
B. an appointment
C. studying English
D. the invitation
Text for no 5-10
In the name of Allah the most beneficent and the most merciful
Mr. and Mrs. Indra Saputra
Cordially invite you at the circumcision reception of their sons
Muhammad Rafi Hibatullah
Muhammad Akmal Diaulhaq
On Saturday 29th June 2008, at 11.00 a.m until 07.00 p.m
Venue: Pesona Kalisari Regency Blok A no. 28 East Jakarta
5. What is the purpose of the above text?
A. Describing a special ceremony
B. Inviting someone to a ceremony
C. Telling how the ceremony is
D. Just informing the party
6. How long will the reception last?
A. Six hours
B. Seven hours
C. Eight hours
D. Nine hours
7. From the text we know that ….
A. The party is an Islamic tradition
B. The party is held in the morning
C. There are a lot of guest of the party
D. Rafi and Akmal has grown up into adult
8. Where will the event be held?
A. Pesona Kalisari Hotel
B. At home
D. Pesona Kalisari Restaurant
9. The word “their” in the text refers to…
A. Mr. Indra Saputra and his son
B. Mrs. Tndra Saputra and her son
C. Mr. and Mrs. Indra Saputra
D. Rafi and akmal
10. Who invited the party?
A. Akmal and Rafi
B. Akmal and Rafi’s parents
C. Akmal and Rafi’s mother
D. Akmal and Rafi’s father
Text for no11-15
In the name of Allah the most gracious, the ever merciful
The honor of your presence is requested at the wedding of
(Daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Haryono)
(son of Mr. & Mrs. Harimurti)
Reception is to take place
On Saturday, August 24, 2008. Promptly at 7.00 p.m
11. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To announce the marriage
B. To invite someone to wedding party
C. To tell Amanda’s wedding party
D. To schedule Amanda’s wedding party
12. When will the party be held?
A. In the evening
B. In the morning
C. At the daytime
D. In the afternoon
13. The opposite meaning of the word “promptly” is….
B. on time
14. The word “your” in the text refers to….
15. After the celebration was held, Amanda and Joko are…
B. husband and wife
C. brother and sister
D. lady and lad
Text for no 16-20
Mr. Heru Handoyo & Mrs. Liana Sari
Mr. Widodo & Mrs. Rahmawati
Request The Honor of your presence at the marriage of their children
Ery Mayang Sari
Marriage vows Wedding reception
Saturday Sept 12th 2009 Sunday Sept 13th 2009
At 9.00 -11.00 am At 7.00-9.00 pm
“Al-Huda” Mosque Balai “Wanita Tama”
Jl. Aspen no. 65 Yk Jl. Adisucipto 21 Yk
OUR JOY WILL BE COMPLETED WITH YOUR PRESENCE AND BLESSINGS
IN THIS CELEBRATION OF LOVE
16. Who invited the party?
A. Ery Mayang Sari and Handy Pratama
B. A couple’s parents
C. Mr. Heru Handoyo and Mrs. Liana Sari
D. Mr. Widodo and Mrs. Rahmawati.
17. When will the wedding party be held?
A. Saturday Sept 12th 2009
B. A day after the Marriage vows
C. In the morning
D. At 7.00-9.00 am.
18. The venue of the marriage vows is in……
A. their house
B. Balai Wanita Tama
C. the mosque
D. A hotel
19. How long will the Wedding party be held?
A. two minutes
B. a hundred and twenty minutes
C. two o’clock
20. The word “your presence” refers to…..
A. readers’ presence
B. a couple’s presence
C. inviters’ presence
D. quests’ presence
Text for no 21-25
SEMINAR & LAUNCHING CIFP PROGRAM
“Preparing High Quality Human Resource to support The development of
Islamic Business and Finance In Indonesia”
Sunday, February 3rd 2010
Auditorium of Faculty of Economic, University of Indonesia
Prof. Datuk. Dr. Syed Othman Alhabshi (Malaysia)
Ramzi A. Zuhdi (Syariah Banking of Indonesia)
Mustofa Edwin Nasution (Head of PEBS FEUI)
RSVP: Kindy (084536543), Yoan (08765467568) Supported by:
Register via SMS, or, BANK MUAMALAT
Secretariat PEBS FEUI, (0271) 7272425 first purely Syariah
21. The purpose of writing the text is to ask people to…..
A. invite to come to the “SEMINAR”
B. attend the program
C. announce the Seminar and Launching CIEF program
D. prepare the seminar.
22. Who hold the program?
A. Bank Muammalat
B. Secretary of PEBS FEUI
C. PEBS FEUI
D. Kindy and Yoan
23. How can we register to participate the seminar?
A. By mail
B. By phone
C. By writing to the bank
D. By calling Bank Muammalat
24. When will the seminar be held?
A. In the afternoon
B. 08-12.00 pm
C. Sunday, Thirteenth February
D. February 3rd 2009
25. RSVP means…..
A. invitees are recommended to confirm their arrival
B. inviters have to ask for information
C. invitees are suggested to reserve the seat
D. invitees are recommended to come on time
Filed under: MATERI UJIAN NASIONAL B.INGGRIS |