(SKL UN no. 5)
- I. RANGKUMAN MATERI
Announcement merupakan teks fungsional yang muncul dalam soal ujian UN , SKL no 5.
Announcement adalah text yang berupa pengumuman, yang fungsinya memberikan informasi kepada seseoang/sekelompok orang tentang sesuatu hal.
Biasanya dalam announcement digunakan kata-kata:
“Attention”, “I need your Attention”, “Important Information”,
“ Notice this announcement”, dsb.
Soal yang biasanya muncul dalam UN:
- A. Function/purpose : Fungsi/tujuan pengumuman.
– What is the function/the purpose of the text.
– The writer wrote the text to……
Functions of Announcement:
- To inform/to give information
- To announce/to give announcement
- B. The content of the announcement: Isi pengumuman.
– What is the text about?
– The topic of the announcement is……
– What is being announced?
- C. Announcer/writer and addressee of the announcement: Yang memberi pengumuman, dan yang diberi pengumuman.
– Who announced such an announcement?
– Who is the announcement from?
– Who is the announcement for?
- II. CONTOH MATERI YANG MUNCUL DALAM SOAL UN
Friday May 24th, 2009
– “Free cooking class for you will be held in Room 12 beginning next Saturday. Those who are interested, please contact Mrs. Laura.
– The visit to the museum will be on Saturday, June 1st . The bus leaves the school at $.30, and those who want to go should not be late. The visit will last the whole day, and we expect to get back at about 4.30 in the afternoon.
– Earth Day is about to come! Don’t forget to celebrate it by joining our Earth Day programs: seminar on recycling materials (July 25) and replanting plants project
(July 27). Think about what you can do to make this planet a cleaner and healthier place. Let’s look for ways to slow, or even reverse the damage we’ve done to this beloved earth.
1. Which of the following statement is TRUE based on the text?
A. The journey to the museum will be done every Saturday morning.
B. The students who want to visit the museum should come on time.
C. All students must join free cooking class held in Room 12 next Saturday.
D. The school Earth Day celebration is done by cleaning some places.
2. When did the school begin to announce the information above?
A. May 24.
B. June 1.
C. July 25.
D. July 27.
3. ” …or even reverse the damage we’ve done to this beloved earth.” (last sentence).
What does the word “damage” in the sentence mean?
( UNAS 2008/2009 PAKET 15 soal 28,29,30 )
|4.||What does the passage tell us about? ……..|
|5.||When will the show be held? ……..|
|6.||There will be …….. entertainers performing on stage.|
|7.||“We present the most famous singers.”
The italic word refers to ……..
(UNAS 2005 soal no 57- 60)
- III. EVALUASI
A. PAKET 1
Text for no 1-4
To: All students of Harapan Bangsa.
You are required to pay the school fee before the mid test. The test will be held on 10 – 16 October 2009.
Those who can’t fulfill the requirement will not get the test card, except you meet the headmaster.
The Mid Test Committee
- What is being announced?
A. The school fee for the mid test
B. The test card to join the mid test
C. The requirement to get mid test card
D. The requirement to meet the
- How long will the test be?
A. for a day
B. for a month
C. for a week
D. for a year
3. From the text we can conclude that….
A. the students can’t get the card
except they meet the headmaster.
B. the students are required to pay the
while the mid test
C. the students have to fulfill the
requirement before the mid test
D. the students must not get the test
4. The word “required” in the text means…..
Text for no 5-8
SMP Bunga Bangsa will celebrate its 20th anniversary on :
Day/Date : Saturday 14, January 2009
Place : Sport Hall
Time : 8.00 am – 11.00 am
To highlight this event, a special bazaar will be held together with music show featuring the Indonesian idol Rossy. All the teachers and students are supposed to attend this celebration. For this reason all sport activities at school such as volleyball, basketball, badminton and ping pong will be cancelled for the time being.
5. The school cancelled all the sport activities
A. the sport hall would be used for the
celebration of the school
B. all students had to attend the
bazaar and buy everything sold in
C. there is an attractive music show
performed by all students of the
D. nobody was interested in playing
volley ball in the sport hall that day.
6. When was SMP Bunga Bangsa built?
A. twenty years
B.14 January 2009
C.14 January 1989
D. 20 years
7. How long will the celebration be held?
A. Eight hours
B. Ten hours
C. Four hours
D. Three hours
8. The word “celebrate” means…..
Text for no 9-12
News Reading Contest will be held on
Monday, December 15th, 2009
At 08.00 – 12.00
Place: Sports Hall
Each classroom may send up to 3 participants. Those must be the best students in the class. The reading text is available at the day of the contest, thirty minutes before.
The students’ leader
9. Where do you find this kind of text?
A. At school.
B. In a market.
C. In a post office.
D. In a parking lot.
10. Which statement is true according to the
A. The reading contest will be held
B. The reading text is available after
C. The participant must be the worst
student in the class
D. The maximum participants are
three persons each class
11. The venue of the contest is…..
B. a Hall
C. school yard
D. Reading room
12. When will the contest be held?
A. Sunday, December 15th 2009
B. 8.00-12.00 pm
C. four hours
D. Monday, December 15th 2009
Text for no 13-17
Friday May 24th, 2009
– “Free cooking class for you” will be held in Room 12 beginning next Saturday.Those who are interested, please contact Mrs. Laura.
– The visit to the museum will be on Saturday, June 1st. The bus leaves the school at $.30, and those who want to go should not be late. The visit will last the whole day, and we expect to get back at about 4.30 in the afternoon.
– Earth Day is about to come! Don’t forget to celebrate it by joining our Earth Day programs: seminar on recycling materials (July 25) and replanting plants project (July 27). Think about what you can do to make this planet a cleaner
and healthier place. Let’s look for ways to slow, or even reverse the damage we’ve done to this beloved earth.
13. Which of the following statement is TRUE
based on the text?
A. The journey to the museum will be
done every Saturday morning.
B. The students who want to visit the
museum should come on time.
C. All students must join free cooking
class held in Room 12 next Saturday.
D. The school Earth Day celebration is
done by cleaning some places.
14. When did the school begin to announce the
A. May 24.
B. June 1.
C. July 25.
D. July 27.
15. ” …or even reverse the damage we’ve
done to this beloved earth.”(last sentence).
What does the word “damage” mean?
16. How many items are there in the
17. When did the writer write the announcement?
A. July 25th
B. July 27th
C. June 1st
D. May 24th
Text for no 18-22
ATTENTION FOR STUDENTS GRADE IX
THERE WILL BE A FREE SEMINAR RELATED TO FINAL EXAMINATION
Students should join it
“HOW TO PREPARE THE FINAL EXAMINATION”
You can learn a lot from Mr. Jonathan,
a well-known education consultant.
Students who want to participate,
please notice this schedule:
Date : June 20th, 2010
Time : 2 p m.
Venue : School main hall
Don’t miss this free chance. Seating is limited.
To reserve your seat, please call
18. How can you join the seminar?
- Presenting the announcement to the organizer.
- Sending a short form and payment to the organizer.
- Sending your business card request to the organizer.
- Calling the organizer.
19. What is the benefit of attending the seminar?
- Students can see the education consultant.
- Students can get the result of the final examination.
- Students can learn strategies to prepare the final examination.
- Students can see the evaluator of the final examination.
20. The function of the text is …..
A. to advertise the seminar
B. to give information related to the
C. to announce the final examination
D. to invite students to learn subject of
21. The word “participate” has the same meaning as….
A. take out
B. take part
C. take place
D. take in
22. The word “your” in the text refers to….
B. all students
Text for no 23-25
To:All the students of SMP N 72 YK
To face the National Sport Day, our school will prepare the School Sport Team.
For this purpose, during this week we’re going to have class meeting to find our best athletes. Each class should prepare its team and attend the program.
The sports being competed are basketball, volley ball, badminton and table tennis. Registration will be with Mr. Agung
Thanks for joining
of SMP N 72 Yk
|Yk, 27 August 2007
23. The text above is a kind of …
24. For whom is the text written?
A. Mr. Agung
B. The committee
C. The students of SMP N 72 YK
D. The headmaster of SMP N 72 YK
25. Why does the committee hold a class meeting?
- To celebrate the National Sport Day
- To prepare the School Sport Competition
- To find the best athletes
- To prepare the sport team.
B. PAKET 2
Text for no 1-4
Sunday, October 28, is The Youth Pledge Day.
To celebrate it, each class must present a couple
of boy and girl. They have to wear and perform
the traditional costumes. Also, there will be an English Speech competition. Each class can present a boy or a girl. The categories for judging will be: Best of performance, Message and Creativity.
Winners will receive prizes
at 02.00 pm at the school hall.
For more information,
please confirm your class teacher.
1. What is the text about?
A. Information about school competition
B. The prizes for the winners
C. The Youth Pledge Day ceremony
D. The best performance
2. The prizes will be given ….
A. in the afternoon
B. In the morning
C. in the evening
D. At night
3. “Also, there will be an English Speech
competition.” The synonym of the underlined
word is ….
4. How many contests are there in the text?
Text for no 5-9
Passengers planning to drive and park at the airport should be aware of several changes due to construction at the terminal. Short-term parking available in a new parking lot at the south end of the terminal. The lot provides hourly parking for those who are meeting or dropping off passengers.
Travelers who plan to park overnight or longer can park in the new satellite lot and board a shuttle bus to the terminal. New signs at the entrance of the airport will direct travelers to the appropriate parking area.
5. The text gives information to us about … .
A. passengers planning to drive and park at
B. new instructions dealing with parking at
C. travelers who plan to park overnight or
D. new signs at the entrance of the airport
6. Where should drivers park if they are leaving their
A. At the south end of terminal
B. In a new parking lot
C. In the new satellite lot
D. At the bus shelter
7. How will drivers know where the new lots are?
A. There are signs
B. The lots are easily seen
C. Drivers can follow other cars
D. Policemen are directing traffic
8. The word “travelers” means….
A. someone who drives a car
B. someone who makes a trip
C. someone who walks in the road
D. someone who rents a car
9. The word “those” refers to…..
A. people who are meeting the drivers
B. people who are dropping the
C. people who parks overnight
D. people who parks for longtime
Text for no 10-12
The English Conversation Club will meet every Tuesday starting next week.
Meeting will be held in the school hall from 1.00 pm to 2.30 pm.
Members should bring their English books and dictionaries
10. How many times does the English Conversation
Club have a meeting in a month?
A. next week
B. four times
11. How long will the meeting be held?
B. 2.30 pm
C. Two and a half hour
D. One and a half hour
12. The word “their” refers to…
A. English Conversation Club
B. members of the club
Text for no 13-16
We are looking for information which will enable them to find Juliana,who has been missing from her home in Jl. Pambudi 23 Bogor since September14. She is 156 cm tall with auburn hair, blue eyes, and slim body. She is a medium build. When last seen she was wearing a pole blue dress and a green over coat. Anyone knowing where about of this person is requested to contact the nearest police station
or call: 08112543678 (Dad:Harun)/ 085643208578 (Mom:Rahma).
13. Based on the text above, how long has the
missing person left home up to October the
- a week
- two weeks
- three weeks
- a month
14. From the information above, Juliana has got
“auburn” hair. “auburn” means..
15. Where will people report to when they find
the missing person?
A. police station
B. Mr. Pambudi
C. her relatives
D. her friends
16. The word “this person” in the text refers to……
C. lost person
D. Juliana’s parents
Text for no 17-18
09.00 am-11.30 am
2.00 pm-4-00 pm
17. What time will the show start in the afternoon?
A. 09.00 am
B. 11.30 am
C. 2.00 pm
D. 4.00 pm
18. Where can we usually find the announcement?
A. At school
B. In the mall
C. In the movie
D. in the office
Text for no 19-23
CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF “SHADOW PARK”
SHOW OFF YOUR FAMILY’S TALENT
SING, DANCE, PLAY MUSIC OR MAGIC
DO IT WITH 2,3, OR 4 OTHERS
( CAN BE FAMILIES OR RELATIVES)
NO AGE LIMIT
1. Pick up a form in this Garuda Mall counter
2. Fill out the form
3. Drop the completed form in the box labeled
“TALENT SEARCH” at Garuda Mall’
4. The box will be removed a fortnight after the date
IMPORTANT: Fill the form only after you have read the rules given at the back
June 15th 2010
Residents’ Committee of “Shadow Park”
19. Where would this announcement be put up?
A. At home
B. In every park in the city
C. At shopping area
D. At the Garuda Mall
20. What does “No age limit” means….
A. Have no card is not permitted
B. Age is not considered
C. age is being important
D. Old people can not take part it
21. The announcement is about…
A. a dancing, a singing and a magic show
B. family activities
C. entering the contest
D. visiting the Mall and the park
22. Which statement is correct based on the text?
A. We have to read the instruction after filling
B. We have to fill the form after reading the
C. We have to send the form after June 30th
D. we have to join the contest on June 15th
23. From the text we know that the box will be
removed……after June 15th 2010
A. four nights
B. four days
C. two weeks
D. a week
Text for no 24-25
A BLACK BIRD FLEW AWAY FROM ITS COOP. IT IS MY SISTER’S BELOVED PET.
Please contact me at 08114325675 ( GHANI)
or my sister, Gina 08112546754
Prize for returning. Thanks
24. Who wrote the announcement?
A. my sister
C. Gina’s brother
D. Ghani’s sister
25. Which statement is correct based on the text?
A. There will be a reward for someone who
returns the bird
B. There will be a prize for someone who
takes the bird
C. There will be no gratitude at all from the
D. There will be a bird as a prize for the
C. PAKET 3
Text for no 1-5
One Pirate by the name of HANS BOUNCHE
Also famous for the name “Blackman”
Physical characteristics :
– Fat: about 95 kg
– Height: about 1.8 m
– Usually wore black clothes and boots
Striking Features :
– A long black beard, plaited and tied with
– Sometimes fuses are hidden under his hat,
they burn and give out smoke
Reputation : Irritable and trigger-happy
Bad habit : Uses foul language all the time
His crime : Robbery on high seas murder
BEWARE: This man is armed and dangerous
REWARD (dead or live) : Rp. 500.000.000
Please contact Captain Bondan Suhada 08112765786
1. What is Hans Bounche?
A. a captain
B. a police
C. a pirate
D. a hunter
2. The announcement above is about….
A. a prize from Hans Bounche
B. description of someone
C. seeking a robber and murderer
D. wanting an applicant for job opening
3. Which sentence is correct according to the text?
A. The pirate’s name is Bondan Suhada
B. The writer of the announcement is Hans
C. People who can catch it will get a reward
D. People have to kill “the target man”
4. From the text we know that …
A. The man is harmless
B. The man usually performs in black shoes
C. The man always speaks in bad language
D. The man never smoke at all
5. The word ”reward” has similar meaning to….
Text for no 6-7
THERE IS HEAVY TRAFFIC IN CAWANG.
IT’S SAFER FOR YOU TO CHOOSE A BETTER ROUTE
6. We can find the announcement in….
B. a car
C. a road
D. a traffic light
7. The purpose of the text is…..
A. to warn people to drive in Cawang
B. to ask people to go to cawang
C. to give the information that there is a
heavy traffic in cawang
D. to explain the drivers how the heavy traffic
comes in Cawang
Text for no 8-10
“HARD ROCK CINEMA”
1.30 pm – 3.30 pm
4-00 pm – 6-00 pm
8. How long does the film last?
A. Two o’clock
B. Two hours
C. At 1.30 pm
D. At 4.00 pm
9. The word “daily” means….
A. every time
10. What is “Cut Mini” according to the text?
A. The title of the film
B. The main role of the film
C. The only actress in the film
D. The producer of the film
Text for no 11-15
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE CUSTOMERS
EARN UP TO 8.30% INTEREST ON YOUR FIXED DEPOSIT
FIXED DEPOSIT RATES:
15 months and above 8.30% p.a (negotiable)
12 months 8.30% p.a
9 months 8.00% p.a
6 months 7.30% p.a
3 months 7.00% p.a
1 month 6.30% p.a
11. You will probably earn more than 8.30% interest on
your fixed deposit if you keep it for…..months
12. When can we earn the interest as written in the table
A. Only in July
B. In January to July 2010
C. In all months of 2010
D. In July to January 2010
13. The word “negotiable” has the opposite meaning as..
A. get discount
14. The announcement above is written for …
A. the customers of all banks in the city
B. the officer of the “DEKADE BANK”
C. the customer of the “DEKADE BANK”
D. the teller of the “DEKADE BANK
15. The word ”your” in the text refers to……
A. the reader
B. the writer
C. the customers
D. the consumers
Text for no 16-20
REPORT OF MISSING PEOPLE
Name : Andri Sulaiman
Age : 8
Sex : male
Nationality : Indonesian
Address : Honey Road 56
– Face : round
– Eyes : brown
– Nose : pointed
– Hair : straight black
– Height : about 135 cm
– Weight : about 40 kg
– Skin : brown
Last seen : “STAR department Store”
Clothes : Dark blue T-shirt and
Add. Information : Speak Indonesian, English
-SECURITY OF “GIGA MALL” SINGAPORE-
16. The missing boy lives in…..
17. Where did people see him for the last time?
A. At the “GIGA MALL”
B. At Honey Road 56
C. At “STAR department store”
D. in Indonesia
18. How many languages does the boy understand
19. Which statement is correct based on the text?
A. The writer of the announcement is Andri
B. The writer of the text is security of STAR
C. The writer is the GIGA MALL’S security
D. The writer is the participants of the contest
20. The word “pointed” in the text has opposite as…
Text for no 21-25
FUN TRIP TO APPLES GARDEN IN MALANG
On 4th May 2009 the school will hold a school trip
to apples garden in Malang.
Departure : 07.00 a.m
Programs : Play games, see Lapindo Hot Mud,
lunch in Asri restaurant,
afternoon walk along the apples
garden, watch music.
Contribution : Rp. 300.000,-00
Yuan (085463876) from 7.00 am-2.00 pm
Hana (08112376587) from 2.00 pm-6.00 pm
21. The purpose of the text above is….
A. to announce that there is an apple garden in
B. to announce about the school trip
C. to announce where apple garden is
D. to announce the contribution for the
22. If we want to join the trip we have to contact…. in
23. How many activities are there in the trip?
24. The word “trip” has the same meaning as below,
25. Where can we find such announcement?
A. In the apples Garden
B. In the school board
C. In the travel agent
D. In the teacher’s office
D. PAKET 4
Text for no 1-4
The Indonesian Airway 132 to Singapore
is departing at 8.00 am.
Qantas Airway 007 to Kuala Lumpur
is departing at 9.30 am.
Any information to flight departures
will be announced soon.
1. How many Airliners are there in the text?
2. The information above is about….
A. The departures of the Airways
B. The changes of the departures
C. The Qantas Airway to KL
D. The Indonesian Airway to Singapore
3. The word “departure” in the text has opposite
4. The information above is written for…..
A. the officers
B. the passengers
C. the readers
D. the pedestrians
Text for no 5-8
May we have your attention, please?
We found a lost boy named “FARHAN’
We found him in the toys and accessories section
of our store, and he’s looking for his parents.
He’s about five years old. He’s wearing a red shirt, trousers, and a white cap. The boy is with us now
at the check-out counter at the main exit.
5. What is the purpose of the announcement?
A. To inform something
B. To ask an information
C. To show how to make something
D. To persuade the shoppers to buy something
6. Where can the parents get their lost boy?
A. In the check out counter
B. In the entrance door of the store
C. In the store cashier
D. In the store office
7. The shoppers means…..
A .Persons who sell something
B. Persons who buy something
C. Persons who bargain something
D. Persons who pay for something
8. How does the boy look?
A. He is looking for her parents
B. He is lost
C. He is about 5 years
D. He is with us now
Text for no 9-12
To celebrate the Youth Pledge Day on October 28th 2009, “FUN ENGLISH” course will hold an English Telling Story contest. Each school are requested to send two representatives, a boy and a girl. Twenty English Stories are available to choose. The committee provides three trophies and Rp. 1.000.000, Rp. 750.000 and Rp. 500.000 for three winners. For detailed information contact Andika (0875643657) or come to the “FUN ENGLISH” course office on Jl. Baharudin 67 Bandung at 7.00 -11.30 am.
Mr. Wiko Hartata
9. What does Mr. Hartata announce?
A. Holding ceremony to”FUN ENGLISH”
celebrate Youth Pledge Day.
B. Detailed Information about English Telling
C. Competition held by the “FUN ENGLISH”
D. English Telling Story contest in the school
10. How much money does the committee provide for
all the winners?
A. Rp. 500.000.
B. Rp. 750.000.
C. Rp. 1.000.000
D. Rp. 2.250.000
11. Who wrote the announcement?
B. “FUN ENGLISH” course
D. The school committee
12. Which statement below is in-correct?
A. We can find the information by calling
B. We should come to the “FUN
ENGLISH” course in the afternoon.
C. There will be two participants for each
D. The winner will get trophies and prizes.
Text for no 13-16
For all students of class VII, the extracurricular activities (basketball and karate) will start next month, September 2nd, 2009, on Friday ( basketball) and Saturday ( karate )
At 2.30 pm.
Please contact Mr. Yanuar (instructor): 08765476542 for enrollment.
13. The announcement is about…….
A. the seven grade students
B. the OSIS chairman election
C. the extracurricular activities
D. the basketball and karate match
14. What should the students do first?
A. To call the instructor for registration
B. To come to school on time
C. To practice at home
D. To contact Arif Juana
15. Which statement is true according to the text?
A. Mr. Yanuar is one of the teacher
B. The extra curricular activities will be hold
in the morning
C. The extracurricular activities are for grade
D. Arif Juana is an instructor of OSIS
16. From the text we can conclude that the writer wrote
the text in….
B. next month
Text for no 17-20
ATTENTION TO ALL PASSANGERS
ALL PASSANGERS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO OPERATE MOBILE PHONE, TV SETS OR RADIO AS THESE CAN INTERFERE WITH THE AIRCRAFT’S NAVIGATIONAL EQUIPMENT. LAPTOP COMPUTERS, PERSONAL STEREOS AND CACULATORS MAY BE USED.
17. From the announcement we can conclude that….
A. the passengers are requested to operate hand-
B. the passengers are permitted to operate
C. the passengers are banned to carry radio or
D. the passengers are forbidden to turn off the
18. The word “passengers” in the above text refers to….
A. People who got on the bus
B. People who got on the plane
C. People who got on the train
D. People who got on the ship
19. The word “requested” in the text means…..
20. Who wrote the announcement?
D. Airway officer
Text for no 21-25
The changes of the schedule of the OSIS meeting
OSIS Meeting that usually has been held every Friday of the first week of the month will be changed to
every Saturday in the first week of the month.
It is because there will be an extracurricular activity for all students every Friday.
Thank you for attention
21. For whom is the text announced ?
A. OSIS chairman
B. OSIS members
C. Participant of Extracurricular activity
22. We can find such an announcement in….
A. teacher’s room
B. headmaster’s room
C. a school auditorium
D. OSIS room.
23. From the text we can conclude that…….
A. there will be an extracurricular activity on
B. There will be an OSIS meeting every
C. There is a change of the OSIS meeting
D. There is a change of the extracurricular
24. How many times does the OSIS meeting hold the
meeting in a month?
A. every Friday
B. Every Saturday
D. Four times
25. The word “held” in the text means……
A. carried in
B. carried out
C. carried off
D. carried back
Text for no 1-3
A wristwatch has been found in front of
canteen, not far from school parking
For the one who lost it can meet and see
the teachers in charge
in the teacher’s room.
The teacher in charge
1. The purpose of writing the text above is….
A. to-inform the readers something is
B. to announce people something is
C. to persuade someone to take the
D. to look for someone who found the
2. Where was the wristwatch found?
A. at teachers’ room
B. in front of the canteen
C. at school parking area
D. between the canteen and the
3. Who is Priyono?
A. The one who lost the wristwatch
B. The one who found the wristwatch
C. The one who wrote the
D. The one who can meet the teachers
Text for no 4-5
Our flight is cancelled due to the machinery problem. We are offered to transfer to other airlines in a few hours or get cash back. What do you think?
From: Erick Estrada 08562923028
4. Based on the text we may infer that …
A. the airliner gets the cash back
from the passengers
B. the plane will not fly because the
problem of the machine
C. the passenger will get cash back
and transfer to other airlines
D. the message is sent by the airlines
5. What is Erick Estrada?
A. A pilot
B. A passenger
C. A pedestrian
D. A steward
Text for no 6-8
Due to the flood around Yogyakarta,
our venue will be relocated to:
Biak Street 26, Regency building 4th floor
We sincerely serve you.
The committee of the Seminar
6. Where will the venue be relocated?
A. Around Yogyakarta
B. Regency Building no. 4
C. The fourth floor of Regency building
D. In the flood area
7. The announcement above is for….
A. the committee
B. the writers
C. the participants
D. the citizens of Yogyakarta
8. The purpose of the text is….
A. to invite people to come to the meeting
B. to inform that the seminar will be
C. to announce that the meeting will be
D. to give information the change of the
place for the meeting.
Text for no 9-10
Mr.Kevin Edmonds, the founder of Hermes Data communications International Ltd and its long time Chairman and Managing Director, has left the company to take other interests. The terms of Mr. Elmonds departure from the company have been settled amicably and Mr. Elmonds and the company wish each other all the best for the future.
9. Which statement below is true based on the text?
A. Mr. Kevin is the writer of the
B. Mr. Kevin departs from other company
because he was dismissed.
C. He left the company for getting other
D. He disliked the previous company
10. The word “amicably” has the same meaning as.
Text for no 11-13
CHANGE OF PUBLISHING DATE
In Regard with Idul Fitri 1427H,
“FUN Magazine” English Edition
Will change publishing date
|Edition no:||Ought be out||Will available on|
|089||Monday, Sept 2nd 2009||Monday, Sept 9th 2009|
|090||Monday, Oct, 5th 2009||Monday, Oct 12th 2009|
Edition No. 091 will be out on November 3rd 2009 and the following edition will resume the normal schedule and will be available every Tuesday.
Customer service: (021) 65784356
or (021) 45367568
11. Who gave the announcement?
A. The Customer Service
B. The Magazine
C. The FUN ENGLISH
D. The company
12. Which is correct according to the text?
A. The edition no 091 will be changed
B. The edition no 089 will be changed
into Monday, Sept 2nd 2009
C. The edition no 090 will be changed
from the fifth to the twelfth Oct 2009
D. The edition no 091 will not be changed
13. The word “change” is similar meaning to…..
Text for no 14-15
Due to The Lebaran Day, we have no school activity from Monday, September 14th 2009 until Sunday, September 27th 2009. Students have to go class again on Monday,
Sept 28th 2009. Don’t forget to do the assignment from the teacher.
Have a fun Day and enjoy your holidays……
14. How long is the holiday?
A. 12 days
B. 13 days
C. 14 days
D. 15 days
15. The word “your” in the text refers to….
B. OSIS chairman
D. Dita Pradipta
Text for no 16-18
To face “KESAKTIAN PANCASILA DAY”
on the first October, our school will hold
a ceremony that will be held in a school yard on Thursday Oct 1st 2009 at 7 am.
Students from class seven to nine
have to wear white Uniform
(white shirt and trousers)
completed with the black shoes,
a blue cap and tie.
Teachers are suggested to wear
16. The announcement above is written for…
A. All teachers
B. All students
C. Teachers and students
D. Students and the curriculum staff
17. Students have to wear…
A. white shirt and trousers, black shoes and
B. white uniform, white shoes and a blue
C. white uniform, a blue tie and a blue cap.
D. white uniform, white trousers, blue
shoes, cap and tie.
18. Where will the ceremony be held?
A. in a school hall
B. in the yard
C. in front of the school
D. in the class
Text for no 19-22
– Students who want to participate the Poetry Reading Contest, must send the data (name, class) and a copy of an identity card to the committee not more than May 3rd 2010.
– Basketball match will be held on 23rd May 2010 at 2-5 pm at school Hall. Each class must join the match.
– All of class Seven have to make a wall magazine. It will be exhibited in the board in front of library from May 1st till June 1st for judging.
19. The function of the text is to….
A. announce the Poetry Reading
B. inform school program
C. invite the students to participate the
basket ball game
D. persuade students to make a wall
20. It is compulsory for the seven grade students
A. exhibit the wall magazine in front of the
B. make a wall magazine
C. participate in Poetry Reading Contest
D. join the judging
21. The word “make” has the same meaning
22. How long is the time for the judging?
A. May first, 2009
B. June first
C. thirty two days
D. thirty one day
Text for no 23-25
for all students of SMPN 5
The Kartini’s birthday committee will hold
a writing contest
about The Indonesian heroines.
The writing should be handed in to
the committee on the 10 th of April 2009
at the school library at 11 a.m.
Do you want to take part?
W’e’re waiting for you.
23. Based on the announcement, …
A. the Kartini’s birthday committee aren’t waiting for the participants
B. the writing should be handed in after the 10th of April 2009
C. the Kartini’s birthday committee will hold a writing contest
D. only same students can take part in the writing contest
24.Who can participale in the contest?
A. The committee chairperson
B. The women of Indonesia
C. The commitee
D. All students
25.”Kartini’s birthday committee will hold a
writing contest ….
“What does the underfinedword mean?
A. went C. Occasion
B. Activity D. Competition
Filed under: MATERI UJIAN NASIONAL B.INGGRIS