GREETING CARD/ WISHING CARD
(SKLUN no 2)
- I. RANGKUMAN MATERI
Greeting card/wishing card merupakan salah satu text fungsional yang munculdalam soal UN (SKL no2)
Greeting Card adalah text yang berupa kartu ucapan yang diberikan kepada seseorang pada saat tertentu/mengalami peristiwa tertentu, Baik peristiwa yang menggebirakan maupun peristiwa yang menyedihkan.
Soal yang biasanya ditanyakan dalam greeting card:
- A. Function/purpose of the card: fungsi/tujuan ditulisnya kartu tersebut.
– What is the function of writing the card?
– The card is written to…….
Menurut tujuan/fungsinya, greeting card dibedakan menjadi beberapa jenis:
- a. To congratulate: untuk menyelamati
Greeting card tersebut diberikan untuk moment /peristiwa yang menyenangkan,Biasanya
menggunakan kata “Congratulation on…/ I congratulate you on….,
Happy New Year, Marry Christmas)
Peristiwa yang menggembirakan tsb seperti: (hafalkan kosa-kata berikut)
– New baby born : Kelahiran bayi
– Birthday/ return of the day : ulang tahun
– Graduation/finishing study/getting new degree : lulus/mendapat gelar
– Inauguration : Wisuda/pelantikan.
– Getting New Job : mendapat pekerjaan baru
– Winning the contest : Menang lomba
– Engagement : tunangan
– Getting marriage/wedding : pernikahan
– Anniversary : Hari jadi
– New Years Eve : Malam tahun Baru
– Valentine day : Hari kasih saying
– Christmas Day : Hari Natal
– Lebaran Day : Hari Lebaran
– Circumcision : Khitanan
b. To wish/to pray : Untuk mendoakan
Greeting card yang menggunakan kata “wish, I pray, I hope” bisa digunakan untuk mendoakan
orang yang mengalami musibah, atau mendoakan seseorang di saat peristiwa special tertentu, misalnya Lebaran day, Fasting Month, Crhistmas Day. Contoh ungkapan:
– I pray for your heal/ I wish you to be better/ I hope you will get better condition soon”
– I pray fou your better spirit in this special Day / I wish God always bless you
- c. To show sympathy: untuk menunjukkan simpatik/belasungkawa.
Greeting Card tersebut diberikan untuk moment/peristiwa yang menyedihkan, seperti:
– Sick /ill/ hospitalized people : Orang sakit
– Disaster/accident/bad news : Bencana/kecelakaan/berita buruk.
– Passing/dead/departed people : Orang meninggal dunia
– I say my condolence on the passing of…./ My deep condolence of Mr. manto’s passing
– I was very sorry I heard you were hospitalized. May you will get better soon..
- B. Addresser/writer and addressee/receiver: pengirim dan penerima kartu.
– Who wrote the card?
– Who is the addresser of the card?
– Who is the receiver of the card?
– The card is sent for…..
Untuk menjawab soal tersebut, pahami siapa yang mengirm dan siapa yang menerima.
- C. Reference : menanyakan kata ganti ( pronoun)
– The word “I” in the text refers to………
– What does the word “you” in the text refer to?
Untuk menjawab soal tersebut, pahami bahwa kata “I/me/my” dalam text kembali ke “writer/penulis” sedangkan kata “you/your” kembali ke “penerima.
Pelajari kembali table pronoun berikut ini:
|No||Subject pronoun||Object pronoun||Possessive adjective||Possessive pronoun|
– To congratulate: to give congratulation: Untuk menyelamati.
– To celebrate: to commemorate: Untuk merayakan;
– Party: reception: feast: pesta
– Bereavement: berduka cita karena kehilangan seseorang.
– Condolence: duka cita/ belasungkawa
– Sorrow at/for/over: berduka cita
– Proud: bangga
- II. CONTOH SOAL YANG MUNCUL DALAM MATERI UNAS
1. Read the following greeting card and
answer question below!
Congratulations on your success as the winner of the Youth Scientific Contest 2008. We are proud of you.
Best love, Uncle Syukur and Family
What has Rizal done?
A. Won the contest C. Met uncle Syukur
B. Congratulated uncle Syukur D. Loved his family
( UNAS 2008/2009 PAKET 15 soal no 23)
A. PAKET 1
Text for no 1-3
To: Mom & Dad
Congratulations on your 15th wedding anniversary.
We wish you a happy life together.
Fredy & Irine
1. When did Fredy’s and Irene’s parents get married?
A. In 1990
B. In 1994
C. In 1992
D. In 1996
2. The card is written to……
A. My Mom and Dad
B. Fredy;s Mom
C. Irine’s Dad
D. Fredy’s and Irine’s parents
3. The word “we” in the text refers to…..
A. the writer and the reader
B. Mom and Dad
C. Fredy and Irine’s son and daughter
D. Mom and Dad’s son and daughter
Text for no 4-6
your success to pass the examination.
May today’s success be just the beginning of your long-life achievement and happiness.
Remember the challenges are waiting for you in the coming senior high school, However, I believe you can do your best as you used to be and become the best of all again. Good luck!
Your best friend,
4. What is the writer’s purpose to write the text?
A. To ensure one’s happiness.
B. To congratulate his friend.
C. To have a good time.
D. To entertain someone.
5. The text shows that Paul Cristanto has just finished his … school.
A. junior high
D. senior high
6. Who is Riany?
A. She is your best friend
B. She is my best friend
C. Riany’s close friend
D. Paul’s friend
Text for no 7-9
Hi, brother! Here’s to us on our special day! I feel so lucky to have a twin who’s just like me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!
7. The writer is ….
A. Mathew’s brother
B. Mathew’s twin brother
C. Andrew’s twin brother
D. Mathew’s elder brother
8. The function of the text is…..
A. to give information that they are twins
B. to announce the twin brothers
C. to invite the twin to the birthday party
D. congratulate the special day.
9. The word “us” in the text refers to……
A. sister and brother
B. the twin brother
C. Andrew’s brother
D. Matthew’s brother
Text for no 10-12
Congratulations on your success as the winner of the writing poetry contest 2009. We are proud of you.
Best love, your uncle Handy and all family
10. What has Riantiano done?
A. Won the contest.
B. Congratulated Handy.
C. Met his uncle
D. Loved his family
11. From the text we know that…
A. Riantiano congratulates the uncle and
B. Riantiano invites his uncle and his family
to the contest
C. Riantiano receives the card from his
D. Riantiano refuses the card from Handy and
12. The word “uncle” means…….
A. Mom’s or Dad’s sister
B. Mom’s or Dad’s brother
C. brother’s mom
D. sister’s Dad.
Text for no 13-15
IF EVERY ONE WERE A LITTLE MORE LIKE YOU,
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD THIS WOULD BE.
13. Who will probably receive the greeting card?
- is in the hospital
- lives in the world
- has done a great job
- is wonderful
14. This greeting may be sent by the followings,
A. a closed friend
- a charity organization
- a family doctor
- a class teacher.
15. The word “you” in the text refers to….
Text 6 for no 16-18
To: My beloved niece, Diana
May your degree unlock many doors to success, to happy endings and new beginning. Congratulations!
- The purpose of the text is…….
A. to tell about the doors to success
- to describe Diana’s happy endings
- to congratulate Diana’s birthday
- to congratulate Diana’s graduation
17. Who sent the card?
A. Your aunty
- Sabrina’s aunty
- Diana’s aunty
- Sabrina and Diana
18. The word “your” in the text refers to…
A. My beloved niece
- Sabrina’s niece
- Diana’s niece
- Your aunty
Text for no 19-21
Dear Paul and Tessa.
Congratulation on your first wedding anniversary. Wish you both joy and success.
Lisa and Tom
- The writer wrote the text to….
A. congratulate the anniversary of the
success of someone
B. congratulate of a year marriage
anniversary of someone
C. congratulate the anniversary of the fourth
D. congratulate the wedding party of
- From the text we can conclude that…
- Lisa and Paul are husband and wife
- Lisa and Tom love Paul and Tessa
- Paul and Tessa have marriage for one year
- Paul and Tessa congratulate your first wedding Anniversary
- The word “you” in the text refers to……
- Paul and Tessa
- Paul and Tom
- Tessa and Lisa
Text for no 22-25
Congratulation on your success as the top scorer.
I know you are one of the best players that our school has. Good luck for the next competition.
- Petra writes the card to Rio for his success….
- at school team
- at school competition
- as the best player at school
- as the top scorer in the sport competition
- The following statement are TRUE according to text, except …
- Rio and Petra are school mates
- Rio will join another sport competition soon
- Rio is the only best player that his school has
- Rio has joined the sport competition successfully
- The word “I” in the text refers to…..
- “Competition” in the text has the same meaning as..
B. PAKET 2
Text for no 1-3
Deepest condolence and heartfelt sympathies to Drs.lkhsanudin Saputra and family, the headmaster SMP “Satriatama’° Purbalingga on the recent bereavement of his beloved wife.
1. The purpose of the text is…..
A. give symphaty of sick people
B. give congratulation on someone’s
C. give symphaty of passing people
D. give congratulation of someone’s symphaty
2. From the text we know that….
- It is a condolence card of Drs Ikhsanudin’s wife passing
- Drs Ikhsanuddin had passed away
- Drs Ikhsanuddin sent the card forhis wife
- The card was from the headmaster.
3. The word “his” refers to…..
A. Headmaster of our school
B. The wife of Drs Ikhsanuddin.
C .The writer of the card
D. The reader of the card
Text for no 4-6
Dra. Titi Ardiani
An SMP N 2 Wangon Teacher
Departed on 17th August 2008 (Age 46)
The Big Family of SMP “Nusatama”
- The card is sent from….
A. Titi Ardiani
B. All Big family
C. Big Family of Nusatama school
D. Students in SMP Nusatama
- How old was Titi Ardiani when she passed away?
B. forty six
- What is Dra. Titi Ardiani?
Text for no 7-9
In the opening of a new branch of
MARTINIZING DRY CLEANING
In two places:
Jakarta: Kebon Jeruk 203 (021-78654398)
Jogjakarta: Jl. Sugiyono 54 Yk (0274- 7435642)
Mr. Randy & All customers
- The purpose of the text is…..
- to congratulate the dry season
- to ask some help for the dry cleaning
- to congratulate the opening of the company
- to ask about Martinizing dry cleaning
- Which is true based on the text…..
- The company has two branches
- MARTINIZING DRY CLEANING is the name of the washing machine
- It offers dry cleaning machine
- MARTINIZING DRY CLEANING is such a laundry service company
- Who is Mr. Randy?
- He is a director of the company
- He is a worker of the company
- He is a mechanic of a machine
- He is the sender of the card
Text for no 10-13
To: Our pen-friend, Rindra
How’s Sidney? Everything is ok? Indonesia is peaceful. Our village is better and all of us are fine.
Emm, just like fine wine, you grow better with the years. May this year be your best ever. Have a wonderful day and fabulous year.
We hope that we can meet in person. But, when will it be?
Love, Tria and friends
10. The card above is sent to congratulate the event of..
A. Lebaran Day
B. chrismas Day
D. Valentine Day
11. Where does Rindra live? He lives in…
C. a village
12. The word “us” in the text refers to….
C. Rindra’s friends
D. Tria’s friend
13. Which statement is true based on the text?
A. They live in a same country
B. They are relatives
C. They never meet one another
D. They will meet again this year.
Text for no 14-17
Please accept our deepest condolence for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God bless you & give peace to your hearth
Loves, All your friends in Class IX
14. The function of the text is…
A. to accept the condolence card
B. to bless the God
C. to show sympathy
D. to congratulate Bobby
15. The word “our” in the card refers to…….
A. your friends in class IX
B. reader and writer
C. writer’s friends
D. Bobby’s friends
16. The opposite meaning of the word “accept” is…
17. The kind of the text is a greeting card for……..
A. sick people
C. passing people
Text for no 18-21
Hi, John.. You are really an intelligent student in this school. You have achieved the highest score on the UAN examination.
Congratulation! I am very proud of you.
Mom and Dad
18. The function of the card is ….
A. to congratulate Mom and Dad
B. to show Mom’s and Dad’s pride of John
C. to announce the intelligent student
D. to explain how to be an intelligent
19. The opposite meaning of the word “highest” in
the text is…..
20. From the text we know that John is a student of …
A. the first grade
B. the second grade
C. the third grade
D. sixth grade
Text for no 21-23
I heard that you were hospitalized. So sad to see you in bed. I wish you’ll be better soon. May you would be back to your spirit.
Your pen friend, Betty
21. The writer wrote the text to……
A. express her pleasure
B. show her sickness
C. go to the hospital
D. to express her sympathy
22. The card was sent because Nurul was……
23. Who is the sender of the card?
A. Your pen-friend
B. My pen-friend
C. Nurul’s pen-pal
D. Betty’s pen-pal
Text for no 24-25
WE FEEL GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP Ganang
24. The writer wrote the card …she/he got someone’s
25. From the text we can infer that…..
- Nina expresses her grateful to Ganang
- Nina needs help from Ganang
- Ganang thanks to Nina
D. Ganang offers some help to Nina
C. PAKET 3
Text for no 1-2
1. The children sent the card because …
A. it was their mother’s wedding
B. their mother went home from abroad
C. their mother was hospitalized
D. it was their mother’s birthday
2. From the text we know that Oyik and Ayu
A. sisters’ mom
B. daugther’s mom
C. mom’s daughters
D. mom’s sister
Text for no 3-4
3. The antonym of the underlined word is …
A. a shamed
4. From the text we can conclude that Mrs. Mei
A. Cyntia’s mother
B. Cyntia’s teacher
C. Cyntia’s friend
D. a student
Text for no 5-8
Congratulation on winning the English Poetry Contest! You were great. All the audience dropped their tears when you read the last part. Your voice could express the deep sorrow of the main character. Well done.
5. The text is written to…..
A. congratulate the audience
B. show the English writing Contest
C. congratulate Misna
D. drop the tears
6. The word “their” in the text refers to……
A. Misna and Putri
B. Misna and friends
C. Putri and friends
D. the audience
7. The word “deep sorrow” has the similar meaning to..
A. very pleased
B. very glad
C. very sad
D. very proud
8. Why does Putri send the card? Because Misna….
A. takes the English Poetry Contest
B. wins the English Poetry Writing Show
C. wins the English Poetry Reading
D. gets a champion of the sport games
Text for no 9-12
My Beloved Mom and Dad
Your kind, patience, love and support
Make the world wonderful to live in
You are the best parents of mine
Happy twenty second Anniversary for you…. Yours, All children
- The receiver of the card is….
- my beloved mom and Dad
- writer’s parents
- all children
- my beloved parents
- The card is sent to…….
- congratulate the patience of the parents
- congratulate the birthday of the mom and Dad
- congratulate the wedding anniversary of the parents
- congratulate the happy day of the Mom and Dad.
- How long did Mom and Dad get marriage?
- a year
- a second year
- 22 years
- two seconds time
- Which is the in-correct statement based on the text?
- The receivers have a lot of children
- The addressers are Mom and Dad’s children
- The sender is the only child of Mom and Dad
- The writers love their parents very much.
Text for no 13-14
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I’m so sorry for your loss
- The purpose of the text is….
- to congratulate and pray for Rini
- to say sorry for Rini
- to express sympathy
- to show the happiness
- Why does Rahma send the card? Because Rini…..
- passed away
- passed the way near Rahma’s house
- passed the examination
- passed the happy time
Text for no 15-18
Thanking God for you, and praying for his favor in your life
May your day be filled with his best love
Many Happy Return, my dear son….
15 July 1998
15 July 2009
- The function of the card is….
- to thank to God
- to pray for God
- to say congratulation of someone’s birthday
- to fill the best love
- The card is for….
- The word “his” in the text refers to…..
- From the text we know that the son is……years old.
Text no 19-22
DEAREST: MISS. KARTIKA
MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE ON MR. SUSIARDI’S PASSING
I ALWAYS PRAY FOR YOU
MAY GOD BE WITH YOU FOREVER.
YOUR PUPILS OF SMP 25 JAKARTA
- What was Miss. Kartika?
- She was a director
- She was a teacher
- She was a manager
- She was a student
- The senders of the card are…..
- Miss. Kartika’s friends
- Miss. Kartika’s families
- Miss. Kartika’s relatives
- Miss. Kartika’s students
- The card is sent to……
- congratulate someone
- show sympathy of some one’s sickness
- express sympathy of someone’s dead
- wish Miss. Kartika’s passing
- Who died based on the text?
- Miss. Kartika’s husband
- Mrs. Susiardi’s wife
- Miss. Kartika and Mrs. Susiardi
- The pupils
Text for no 23-25
THE MANAGEMENT AND ALL STAFFS OF “JOGJA NEWS” POST
WISH TO CONGRATULATE OUR JOURNALIST
ON HIS MARRIAGE
ON 10TH JULY, 2010
GOD BRINGS YOU TOGETHER AS HUSBAND AND WIFE
MAY GOD BLESS YOUR HOME AND HEARTS
WITH ALL HAPPINESS
- Who sent the card?
- Nanan Sumiarta’s family
- Nanan Sumiarta’s friends
- Kristiawati’s husband
- Nanan Sumiarta’s wife
- The text is written to …
- invite all of the staffs
- congratulate the wedding anniversary
- congratulate the marriage of the couple
- invite Nanan Sumiarta and Kristiawati
- The word “your” in the text refers to……..
- Nanan Sumiarta
- All staffs
D. PAKET 4
Text for no 1-3
YOU ARE QUITE A SMART AND INTELLIGENT GIRL. YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THE HIGHEST SCORE ON THE UN EXAMINATION THIS YEAR.
WE ARE PROUD OF YOU
1. What is Hanifa?
A. She is smart and intelligent
B. She is a student
C. She is fine
D. She is proud
2. From the text we know that…..
A. The teachers are proud of you
B. Hanifa is proud of the teachers
C. The teachers are proud of Hanifa
D. Hanifa is proud of the girl
3. The sender of the card is…..
A. your teachers
B. our teachers
C. Hanifa’s teachers
D. English teachers
Text for no 4-7
I am very delighted to know that you have
completely recovered from your long illness.
It is almost a second birth 4 U.
I wish U have a long ‘n happy life.
4. Why did Fia write the text?
A. to congratulate someone’s better condition
B. to show sympathy of someone’s illness
C. to wish someone’s sickness
D. to know about someone
5. The word “delighted” means….
6. From the text we know that Jeffry is ….now.
A. still ill
Text for no 7-9
I am very sorry that your father passed away. I say my deepest condolence for it.
I know it must be hard for you and your family. But, be sure that time heals all wounds.
Take care of yourself and always pray for him.
May God be with him peacefully.
7. Why did Bima send the card? Because…..
- Clara passed away
- Bima passed away
- Clara’s father passed away
- Bima’s father passed away
8. The word “it” in the text refers to…..
A. father’s passing
B. your family
C. the time
9. The similar meaning of the word “heals” is….
Text for no 10-13
Dear : Nia
Please accept my warmest congratulations on your graduation from the faculty of Economy of Indonesian University. It must be hard for you to get the certificate. But your dedication has paid off, and your parents must be very proud of you.
Closed friend of yours
- Who is the sender of the text?
- Closed friend of yours
- Nia’s best friend
- Your close friend
- The function of the card is to congratulate…..
- Nia who gets a new job.
- Nia who has finished study.
- Nia who studies in University
- Nia who proud of her study
- From the text we can infer that….proud of her.
- the close friends
- the parents
- The opposite meaning of the word “proud” is..
Text for no 14-15
WARM REGARD FROM ALL RELATIVES IN PADANG WEST SUMATRA
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010
We hope all of us get a better life
and more successful than before.
Don’t stop praying for God. Hopefully God bless us. Amin.
- The sender of the card lives in……
- East Sumatra
- West Jakarta
- The word “us” in the text refers to…..
- writers and receiver
Text for no 16-18
I AM VERY GLAD
TO HEAR YOUR ENGAGEMENT TO ANDREAS TOMORROW.
I KNOW YOU WILL BE A SUITABLE COUPLE.
BUT I CAN’T BE WITH YOU
IN YOUR RECEPTION,
BECAUSE I HAVE TO JOIN THE SEMINAR
IN BALI FOR TWO WEEKS.
I JUST SAY CONGRATULATION!
I HOPE BOTH YOU WILL GET HAPPINESS FOREVER.
- The purpose of the text is…..
- to invite someone to attend the engagement party
- to persuade someone to be glad in the engagement party
- to congratulate someone for the engagement
- to announce people about the engagement of someone.
- The word “both” in the text refers to…..
- Andreas and writer
- Andreas and receiver
- Andreas and couple
- Andreas and you
Text for no 18-19
WITH A PEACEFUL AND NICE FEELING
I PRAY GOD FOR OUR BETTER LIFE.
MAY GOD SHOWS US
THE RIGHT WAY OF LIFE.
- The word “our better life” means…..
- writer’s better life
- receiver’s better life
- writer’s and receiver’s better life
- your and my better life
- The word “shows” has the same meaning as…..
Text for no 20-21
HAPPY LEBARAN DAY
THE DAY IS A SPECIAL DAY
IT COMES FOR US
TO CLEAN UP OUR MISTAKES.
FORGIVE MY MISTAKES.
WE ARE LIKE A WHITE PAPER,
WITHOUT ANY DEBTS
BE A NICE DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES
20. The function of the text is….
A. to announce the Lebaran Day
B. to congratulate the special day
C. to clean the mistakes
D. to be a nice day.
21. The word “Forgive My mistakes” expresses…
C. asking help
D. inviting someone
Text for no 22-23
WE WISH TO EXPRESS AND SAY OUR CONDOLENCES ON THE DEPARTED
MR. WIKANTA HARJANA
(78 YEARS OLD)
FATHER OF RIFALDO SANTOSA
ONE OF THE TEACHERS OF SMP GARUDA NUSANTARA.
ON JANUARY 4TH 2010 IN SURABAYA, EAST JAVA
BURIAL WAS IN SURABAYA, JL. KOL SUGIYONO 34, ON THE SAME DAY
MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS AND KEEP HIM ALWAYS
THE HEADMASTER AND TEACHERS
OF SMP GARUDA NUSANTARA SURABAYA
22. What is the function of the text?
A. To show congratulation of someone’s
B. To show sympathy of someone’s passing
C. To show happiness of a special day
D. To show sadness of someone’s sickness
23. Who died based on the text?
B. Rinaldo Santosa
C. Wikanta Harjana
24. When will the burial be held?
A. On the same day
B. January the fourth 2010
C. January 14 2010
D. In Surabaya
25. The word “him” refers to….
A. writer of the card
B. reader of the card
C. Rinaldo Santosa’s father
D. receiver of the card.
E. Paket 5
Text for no 1-4
Mom and Dad
Today is your silver wedding anniversary.
We are very proud of you
as both you are the best parents for us.
Thank you for everything.
Both you become a bright shine
that support our life.
CONGRATULATION MOM AND DAD.
MAY GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE FOREVER.
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH
ANDI, RARA, AND FINA
1. The writer wrote the text to…..
A. become a bright shine
B. congratulate parents
C. show the love
D. be proud as parents
2. How long did the parents get married?
A. Two years
B. Twenty years
C. Twenty two years
D. Twenty five years.
3. The word “us” in the text refers to…..
B. Mom and Dad
C. Andi, Rara, and Fina
4. The word “Thank you for everything” shows.
B. asking for something
Text for no 5-6
I’m writing to express my condolence for your grandma’s passing by. Hopefully, she will get the peaceful place and may you have your patience & better, in your life in the near future.
5. The receiver of the card is…..
A. Marta’s grandma
B. Susan’s grandma
6. Who passed away according to the card?
Text for no 7-10
May all the Wishes You Make on Your Birthday Come True…
Thanks for your Card and Gift. It’s the nicest birthday gift.
7. Who wrote the reply of the card based on the text
8. Who has a birthday?
9. The word “it” in the text refers to….
A. the card
B. the gift
C. the birthday
D. the reply
10. The similar meaning of the word “gift” is..
Text for no 11-12
Merry Christmas Day You Feel The Joy through the Repeated Sounding of
Thanks for your Card.
I also hope you enjoy the best holiday with your family.
God Bless You.
11. The receiver of the Christmas Card is…..
C. your family
D. Jack’s family
12. The purpose of the card is…..
A. to announce the Christmas Day
B. to invite to the Christmas Party
C. to wish for some special Day
D. to ask for Christmas Card
Text 6 for no 13-15
WARM REGARD FROM ALL FRIENDS OF CLASS IX
WE FEEL PLEASED FOR YOUR HEAL
HOPEFULLY YOU’LL START YOUR DAY WITH FULL OF JOY
13. The sender of the card is……
A. students of class nine
B. all friends
C. teachers in class IX
D. teachers and students
14. The opposite meaning of the word “start” is….
15. The card is sent to….
A. show sympathy of someone’s sickness
B. show condolence of passing people
C. show happiness of healthier people
D. show sadness of a bad news.
Text for no 16
WITH BEST WISHES FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY
16. The function of the card is…..
A. to show happiness
B. to pray for a better condition
C. to congratulate the Special Day
D. to ask for a speedy driver
Text for no 17-18
THIS VALENTINE GREETING
IS COMING TO SAY
MY LOVE AND AFFECTION
ARE YOURS EVERYDAY
- The word “My” in the text refers to…..
- The card is sent …
B. every February
C. every month
D. every week
Text for no 19-20
TO WELCOME YOUR NEW BABY
WHO WILL FILL YOUR HEART
WITH HAPPINESS AND BRIGHTEN YOUR WORLD
19. The Card is written for…..
A. the baby
B. the parents
C. the reader
D. the sender
20. The word “brighten” has similar meaning to…..
Text for no 21-23
Good things start to happen
When a baby arrives
New fun and enjoyment
Come into your lives
And everyone who knows you
Finds it easy to see
Your baby and you
Are as happy
As a family ought to be!
CONGRATULATIONS FOR BOTH OF YOU
21. The function of the text is…..
A. to find a baby
- to congratulate new baby born
- to come to a baby party
- to know the fun baby
22. The word “arrives” means…
23. The word “both of you” refers to…..
A. a baby and the mother
B. a baby and father
C. a baby and parents
D. baby’s parents
Text for no 24-25
TO WISH YOU
ALL THE JOY LOVE BRINGS TODAY
AS YOU TO START
YOUR LIFE TOGETHER
HAND IN HAND, HEART TO HEART
24. The card is sent to…..
A. congratulate the birthday
B. congratulate the wedding
C. wish you
D. express the love
25. The word “your” in the text refers to…
A. two hands
B. two hearts
C. a couple
D. two couples
Filed under: Uncategorized |